We are an international group of veterinary students interested in alternative and complementary approaches to veterinary health care. We are eager for self enrichment and do our best to provide current, accurate information. We encourage your feedback. Please contact us at: SAHVMABoard@ahvma.org.
Becoming a Student Chapter
In order to foster and promote interest and access to information and education in the numerous aspects of holistic veterinary medicine, the AHVMA recognizes student chapters at individual veterinary schools with the following criteria:
- Accreditation or provisional accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- Submission of chapter constitution and bylaws for approval that is customized by the applicants for their school, to be reviewed and resubmitted annually at the time of that chapter’s transition to new officers.
- Contact information for current chapter officers and SAHVMA delegate.
- A chapter advisor who is a member of the AHVMA (either faculty member or local practitioner)
Want to become a student chapter?
Already a Student Chapter? Here’s how to maintain active status:
- 3 chapter meetings per year
- 1 wet lab or hands-on opportunity per year (if funding permits, may be a chapter meeting)
- 1 guest speaker who is a member of the AHVMA (can count as a chapter meeting)
- Delegate must submit an Annual Chapter Report to SAHVMABoard@ahvma.org including:
- List of current AND NEW officers with names, emails, phone numbers and graduation years
- List of membership
- Brief summary of all chapter activities including lectures/wetlabs/webinars
Accredited Veterinary Schools With Active SAHVMA Chapters:
- Atlantic Veterinary College
- Auburn University
- Colorado State University
- Cornell University
- Kansas State University
- Louisiana State University
- Michigan State University
- The Ohio State University
- Ross University
- St. George’s University
- University of Florida
- University of Minnesota
- Western University of Health Sciences (Western U)